I have never been a mother material, never had motherly instincts . But today I am a mom, taking care of a baby. I do enjoy it ,absolutely! Is it better than your previous life? Hell NO !Being a mom is 24×7 running around, giving unconditional love , no cribbing , no crying , no drama, working like a robot , no sleeping , no alone time. It’s a life ending responsibility. So how am I here today is some other day story. When life throws lemons🍋 at you , make lemonade, doesn’t matter if it is sour or sweet, it’s helping you kill your thirst.Below is how to work around motherhood , please note Karma is a bitch , what goes around comes around. This might help you decide to have a baby or not!
Pros and cons of motherhood.
1 . PROS – Use your baby as hot/cold bottle to keep you warm or cold. ‘Kaleje vich thankdak pad gayi’
CONS – They will grow up , soon hugs and cuddles are embarrassing for them and by then you are habitual and it’s so hard to give up habits.
2. PROS – Your all time personal unconditional lover – your baby..You always get 24×7 importance.Your baby would want to be with you no matter how many people are ready to be a clown for her.
CONS – They get glued to you permanently and it gets hard even to go to washroom plus it is awkward when your baby refuses to go to others
3. PROS -Your personal red light. one shssssshhhh ll make the room go pin drop silence . Baby is sleeping.
CONS – You just can’t enjoy your life anymore . Your baby can not tolerate people or noise ensuring you are alone with your kid at home.
4. PROS -Excuser! Know you can always be late. Blame it on the baby.
CONS – You miss all the fun by the time you reach your destination/ they tell you time way ahead of the actual time.
5. PROS – Shopping excuse , this time you can buy anything you missed in your childhood.
CONS – Your baby never likes the toy you like , you end up buying two toys. you are broke now !
6. PROS – He/She is your clock. For the first time you have a routine in your life. You have sleeping time , waking time , play time and if lucky -alone time.
CONS – No space for flexible life. No falling sick , no movie time. You are a robot now.
7. PROS – Justification for being anti social. You are far away from all the gadgets. No phones , no iPad , no TV , no Xbox. You do not want your baby to forget humans .
CONS – You can’t talk to your friends for long, can’t catch up on where you left and soon they go far away faster than your baby growing up.
8. PROS – You are the king and queen of the house. You can easily boss around . Specially on your husband. And trust me he would listen 😝. No downside to this.