Parenting is new to every parent be it with a first child or second or more. Every child is different, their nature, personality, habit it’s like having new parenting experience with every newborn child. One thing that stands common for every child is their critical early learning stage. A Child’s brain development fastens up at 0-2year age. This is the most important parent and child one on one relationship building phase, understanding the child, early learning pattern detection techniques and inculcating in them the early learning techniques.
Identifying and creating early learning patterns for the child is the most crucial for their brain development. Developing custom early learning method for children is the best way to fast track their brain growth. This doesn’t mean teaching them extensively but recognizing the child’s interest and enforce an early learning pattern in their playtime. This is not rocket science and can be easily interpreted by constant and focused observation of your child’s playtime.
How to Identify child interest –
- Establishing a defined play area for your child. Anywhere in your house, choose a corner which is only dedicated for your child’s playtime. Try best to have a natural lit and well-ventilated cover, with interactive toys and colourful mat.
- Keep everything as organised as possible, it helps the child to recognise where are the toys placed. Divide the toys as per your toy collection from books to manual play toys, to automated toys too, soft toys and so on.
- Build a daily playtime routine – early morning, afternoon and evening. Encourage the child to play in that defined area as set timings. This helps in constructing association between the child and play area.
- Give your child free play for 2 weeks. This means let the child play with whatever toy he/she wants to play. Keep all toys at easy reach of your child and let he/she explore. Give them the freedom to pick their own toy and move to the next one. Be it throwing every toy around and not engaging for long.
- Be around and just OBSERVE them for 2 weeks. Keep a note of the toy your baby likes and spend the most time with it. Be it soft toy, car, books, puzzle etc (My daughter has been obsessed with hollow spaces, it a bottle or ring or container or test tube. Basically anything hollow). Identify what time of the day the child is most interactive and how choice preference changes at every time of the day.
- Once you have the list of her favourite toys. Let your child play with those toys only and soon they ‘ll pick on of the favourite among those toys.
- Decode the toy interest be it an automated musical toy or just a rattle or a Barbie or a book.
How to apply their interest to buy tools/activities for your child to learn –
Once you are sure of your child’s interest , try to involve her/him in similar activities. Do great research to buy him/her his interest’s EARLY LEARNING TOYS. If you notice the interest in hollow space, buy toys like ring stacker, cup stacker. If you notice curiosity in an automated musical toy, shop for a manual toy like drums for him/her and encourage for manual play. While striking the drum with stick teach counting like one strike, two strikes and so on. If your child is inclined towards the soft toy, shop fabric books, fabric cube stacker for them.If your child is attracted to a car, buy them age-appropriate car building toys. I hope you get the idea.
As they grow ,their interest area changes from loving rattle to soft toys. Hence try to Identify new interest every 3 months and be very observant with their changing choices.Don’t expose your child to multiple toy choice at the same time. Give them time to get hang onto one toy at a time.Keep them involved in their interest activity like for hollow space, try straw and net basket activity. For a music-minded child, give your child a different kind of utensil (plastic container, wooden spoon and steel plate etc). Early learning patterns are very vital in making a strong root for your child’s brain development. Be involved in daily child activity, don’t force your child to play certain games. Encourage your child’s choice be it a soft toy or sensory playmaking messing up with everything. Children’s brains are growing at a pace we cant imagine all we can do is help them and support them in this growth.
You may also like – http://www.lovethatyoucanbuy.com/cons-of-digital-exposure-on-kids/