Child safety is nerve-wracking. Constant worrying about them getting hurt. We need to be cautious all the time and keep a constant eye on our kids. What if he/ she put their finger in the switch or just simply catch hold of glass and break it. There are endless worrying “ifs”. This mental and physical stress is exhausting and overwhelming. The safest way to keep them safe is to teach them danger words. The 6 words that can keep your baby safe. This ‘ll keep them safe and parents slightly relaxed
Here are the words that can make your life easy –
- 1. Break – Babies love to throw things, it’s absolutely normal and nothing is wrong with your baby. They are at an exploratory stage and want to learn the noise the object makes when they throw it.Few things might break and others might not. Important is that they should not get hurt. So teach them the word BREAK
- 2. Dangerous – Climbing like monkeys or poking their finger in an electric circuit is their favorite play. So along with childproofing the house explains the meaning for danger / dangerous.
- 3. Hot – Their cries start with your morning coffee, don’t they want everything we hold or eat. Don’t blame them they are morning riser and full with energy. Teach them the word HOT
- 4. Hurt – Well no matter whatever you do. They ‘ll surely get hurt even with these words. So talk to them what “hurt” means and how it feels.
- 5. Blood – Now third is something that scares everyone. Now and then. So imagine the scare a baby will get from watching red blood. Teach them word blood
- 6. Pain – Teething is awful, hence they already understand the meaning of pain but have never heard or inculcated in their life. So teach them the word pain.
How to make them learn these words-
Don’t sweat over this it’s very easy and all you have to do is demonstrate two incidents to them with the most dramatic realist voice and expressions possible. You need to look in real pain that baby should get a scare and come running towards you for love and hug.
Experiment 1. – Take your hot morning coffee cup and when your baby demands it. Say the word dramatically while holding it. – o it’s hot! O it’s hot!… He/She might find is amusing then let them mildly touch the cup. Don’t worry they won’t be hurt, mildly touching the cup ll only let them understand the temperature difference. Also, do this every day and with every hot object like food, water, coffee, iron etc.
Experiment 2 – Pretend you broke something and you are hurt and bleeding. Like always do dramatic pain and cry and apply ketchup on your fake cut. Make sure you run around the house for dressing while being in pain. Then pretend to bandage yourself and talk to them in private and explain to them that you broke something and got hurt, there was blood and lot of pain
Instead of using the words like don’t touch that or don’t do that. Rephrase your sentences to be cautious you ‘ll get hurt, that way is dangerous etc
Also be patient with them. They learn 9 new words every day. So if you repeatedly practice this they ‘ll learn it. And your life is slightly sorted. They are just babies they ‘ll take time to reach to your level of understanding. So keep trying and never give up.
Just 6 words can change your life. Trust me. I have a baby who blows even cold food before eating.
You like this article, you may also like –http://www.lovethatyoucanbuy.com/how-to-build-healthy-relationships-between-baby-and-food/
I want to take my Alexa Rank to the next level with My Friend Alexa